Tuesday, June 2, 2009

In the Beginning...

Here is a sort of timeline that prefaces our time before starting this blog.

September 2002: I bought my first house.

October 2002: C and I met through a mutual friend.

December 2002: C moved into the house I’d just bought (yeah, that was quick, some things you just know).

February 2003: We found out I was pregnant with C2. (No, we weren't married yet… so what?)

October 2003: Our son was born on our one year “dating” anniversary.

June 2005: The three of us moved into C’s parents house (and rented ours out) in order to save for our wedding.

May 2006: C and I were married. We moved into a rental house.

January 2009: C and I began the process of buying our first home together after realizing we had paid $39,600 towards someone else’s mortgage in the previous three years.

February 2009: My boss gave us a book by Dave Ramsey and our house plans were put on hold.

May 2009: Our lease ended on our rental house. Simultaneously, the tenant in the home we own moved out so we moved back in to OUR OLD ADDRESS to continue adding to the $10,000 we've paid off since February.

0 comments: