Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not Guilty!

I’ve been accused several times (by a very good friend of mine) of not letting my son be a kid. She says he doesn’t know how to get dirty and isn’t allowed to do things where the possibility exists that he may get hurt. After a lot of denying this and visiting said friend and her three boys… I realized she’s right. I never meant to shield him this way, it just happened.

So last night when C2 and our neighbors’ kids asked if they could play in the water the thought process was this: on a weeknight… in the dark….for what?....it’s going to make a huge mess….it’s getting late…this is part of being a kid. I caved and out came the water hose. It didn’t take long for all the kids to notice the mud hole they were creating in our yard.


C2 is on the bottom right in this photo.I didn’t get any pictures of myself as my hands were the only hands clean enough to operate the camera but I was soaked and a little muddy as well. I have to admit, this was a very entertaining Mommy-and-Me-Time deposit.

0 comments: